Director of ResortsDEPARTMENT: Operations
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Resort Operations
Responsible for the operational integrity of all resorts within an assigned geographical area. Includes direct and indirect management and supervisory responsibilities, and liaison and interface duties with the property owner’s representatives and the VRI office. Supervises and directs resort managers to assure the highest level of service to property owners, their guests and rental guests. Ensures that VRI resort standards are constantly adhered to and met. Promotes VRI within the region for the purpose of generating interest and inquiries regarding VRI resort management services. Responsible for direct liaison between Board of Directors and Vacation Owners Association. Chairs quarterly BOD and yearly VOA meetings, Reviews current legislation regarding Vacation Owners interest and keeps BOD and owners informed.
- In conjunction with the Vice President of Resort Operations:
Selects and recruits resort managers
Coordinates pay scales and salary review policies
Enforces staffing guides and personnel policies
- Ensures all resorts in region consistently meet VRI standards of staff attitude, cleanliness and over all ambiance.
- Ensures the optimum operation and utilization of each property.
- Coordinates all training at each resort including front desk, housekeeping, accounting, maintenance and other operations where applicable.
- Directs the budget management process at each resort.
- Monitors the proper use of reports and forms at each resort.
- Periodically checks records and files at each resort.
- Monitors Housekeeping staff and procedures at each resort.
- Supervises and conducts inspections for the Quality Assurance Program at each resort.
- Acts as liaison for developer to all VRI Directors regarding owner services, on-site marketing, resort programs and staffing.
- Acts as liaison for Associations and Board Members to all VRI Directors as necessary.
- Promotes VRI Management Services within the regions as well as the VRI Enhancement Programs.
- Organize and coordinate the establishing of BOD and VOA meetings including dates, times and locations.
- Approves the preparation of agendas, meeting notices, proxies and ballots, as needed.
- Preside over BOD and VOA meetings including recording actual meeting sessions.
- Reviews and approves minutes. Conducts general elections of Board at Annual VOA meetings.
- Coordinate BOD action items with VRI staff.
- Must be present during all ISD training sessions to ensure the proper training of resort operations policies and procedures.
- Performs other various tasks and responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
Education and experience demonstrating a well-rounded background in hotel or resort management, with several years of direct management/supervisory experience. Knowledge of, or experience in, the property management field required, with direct experience in the following areas: resort staffing, building maintenance, builder/developer relations, association/Board of Directors relations, budgeting and accounting, sales and marketing, and food and beverage.