Vice President of Resort OperationsDEPARTMENT: Operations
REPORTS TO: Senior Vice President of Resort Operations
Responsible for the operational integrity of all VRI managed resorts within designated region. Supervises and directs the Director of Resorts to assure the highest level of service to the Associations, their Board of Directors and members. Ensures that VRI resort standards are constantly adhered to and met.
- Hires, trains and supervises the Director(s) of Resorts within the region.
- In conjunction with the Director of Resorts:
Selects and recruits resort managers.
Coordinates performance criteria, pay scales and salary reviews.
Enforces staffing guidelines and personnel policies.
- Ensures all resorts meet VRI and industry standards of excellence.
- Assist with the budget management process at each resort.
- Responsible for the overall budget performance at each resort including (but not limited to): Income: fees, collections, rentals and misc. income. Cost of Sales: inventory, purchasing and controls. Expenses: purchase order systems and procedures, asset management, cash, FF&E, supplies, bulk buying and payroll controls.
- Responsible to supervise, in conjunction with the Director of Resorts, all personnel issues at their resorts.
- Supervises the Quality Assurance Program at each region.
- Monitors the Facility Maintenance and Reserve programs with Director of Resorts and the Director of Financial Services.
- Acts as primary VRI liaison for developers, board of directors, lenders (banks, RTC. Etc.), legal counsel, brokers and marketing firms.
- Coordinates with the Sr. Vice President of Business Development to solicit new business for VRI.
- Supervises the establishing of BOD and VOA meetings, including dates, times and locations.
- Supervise and coordinates all agenda, minutes, meeting notices, proxies and ballots.
- Responsible to understand the legal statutes, effecting the various managed resorts; licenses, laws, statutes and the rules & regulations. Also, responsible to establish a rapport where applicable, with the responsible legislative/enforcement divisions.
- Responsible to be licensed as required by each respective state.
- Work with the Chief Operating Officer and the Director of Human Resources to establish policies, procedures and job descriptions for all areas of operations and staff.
- Develops and makes recommendations to the Chief Operating Officer of VRI policies, plans and programs for VRI.
- Working through the Vice President of Operations, responsible to generate and constantly enhance rental income; while balancing the demand for Bonus Time, Vacation Time, VIP rental and public rental inventory.
- Implements and promotes VRI Enhancement Programs for the highest and best utilization of the properties.
- Responsible to participate and coordinate the installation and training of System 9900 at new projects and any other training session at the resort.
- Approves all mailings to the associations within the region.
- Responsible to recognize, anticipate and strategically plan for industry changes, local market fluctuations and general trends effecting each respective resort.
- Responsible to represent VRI with the highest level of personal & professional integrity and character.
Education and experience demonstrating a thorough knowledge of business administration, personnel management, resort management and finance. Requires excellent verbal and written skills, knowledge of real estate development and association management. Ability to write agreements, regulations and rules governing the operation of a community, association and/or vacation association- managed development. Excellent organizational and supervisory skills required. Must be able to travel and work weekends and some holidays.